Job Description: Position is responsible for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing. This position is responsible for assisting with nasopharyngeal (NP) swabbing tests on public individuals.
- Greet patients/employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to use iPad and minor electronic devices.
- Assist with nasopharyngeal swabbing tests on patients.
- Responsible for logging and storing specimens in cooler.
- Help with tasks as needed in the collection site.
- Education level: High school diploma/GED or above
- Work Experience: Healthcare experience is preferred
- Certifications/Licenses: Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Licensed Practice Nurse, Paramedic, EMT, EMR are preferred
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Basic customer service skills
- Basic communication skills and working knowledge of the English Language.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with little supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction.
- Effective organizational and planning abilities.
- Willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to teach basic skills and techniques to peers.Physical Abilities: This position is considered to have Light physical abilities:
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Weight lifted may only be a negligible amount, this job requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Employee Benefits: employees would be independent contractors paid an hourly wage with no benefits.
Employment: COVID testing is provided by a grant. The duration of the grant cycle is September 1, 2020 thru June 30, 2021.
Location: Testing sites located in DeKalb and Noble Counties. Range of pay: 20.00-25.00 per hour
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.