VPC can train you and your team on Assisting Individuals in Crisis. This course is designed for anyone engaged in specialized acute emergency mental health interventions.
As physical first aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. This program is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual crisis intervention.
This course is designed for anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of individual (one-on-one) crisis intervention techniques in the fields of
- Business & Industry
- Crisis Intervention
- Disaster Response
- Emergency Services
- Employee Assistance
- Homeland Security
- Mental Health
- Spiritual Care
- Traumatic Stress.
Within the AIC course you will learn about
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Risks of iatrogenic “harm”
Completion of the “Assisting Individuals in Crisis” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (13 Contact Hours).
Assist groups with strategic, evidence-based crisis intervention
Group Crisis Intervention is designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum. The Group Crisis Intervention course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services.
Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusing and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
In the Group Crisis Intervention course you will learn
- Relevant research findings
- Relevant recommendations for practice
- Incident assessment
- Strategic intervention planning
- “Resistance, resilience, recovery” continuum
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Reducing risks
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
Completion of “Group Crisis Intervention” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (7 Contact Hours)
Attendees obtain certification from International Critical Incident Stress Foundation Inc. Additional CISM training is available.