Workplace violence awareness training proven to reduce violence
Workplace violence incidents are headline stories and human tragedies, seemingly random and unpreventable. But there are often warning signs and proactive steps to prevent such a horrible event from occurring.
The nature and location of work, types of clients, business hours, service and facility access, staffing levels and skill capabilities affect the risk of exposure to aggression or violence. The Workplace Violence and Active Shooter training courses have been developed using guidelines established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
These courses will examine workplace violence issues for healthcare providers, commercial, and industrial employers. You and your team will be able to recognize the warning signs of credible threats that may lead to the highest level of violence—an active shooter.
You can reduce the likelihood of active shooter situations and potential threats to property. VPC trainers are veteran police officers and can help you improve your employee culture and workplace with skilled, evidence-based training.
Workplace violence prevention training
- Learn and practice prevention strategies to minimize violence
- Reduce your security or staff’s need to use force
- Prevent injuries and lower workers’ compensation claims
Identify and react to risk factors properly
- Evidence-based ways to identify people who need help
- Improve your entire team’s ability to help each other
- Practice real-world reaction scenarios and take-down techniques from veteran law-enforcement trainers
Reduce verbal abuse and potential violence
- Recognize bullying and verbal abuse is abusive
- Improve your work environment and reduce staff turnover
- Create a safer place for clients, staff, and visitors
Aggression management training
Who this course is for
Any staff member.
What you’ll learn
Focuses on awareness level training to recognize, de-escalate and protect themselves from all levels of violence. Emphasizes use of practical measures to prevent incidents and achieve a safe work environment.
- Recognize self-awareness and how it applies to escalating situations.
- Ability to identify high-risk conflicts.
- Practice use of restrictive methods, controlled take-up and down, and distraction techniques.
Read course description
Commercial, healthcare, and industrial workplace violence training on-site or online
Equip your team staff with the workplace de-escalation strategies they need to keep calm, reduce violence and help others.
Training is conducted by VPC’s on-staff trainers, which include veteran law enforcement officers, firefighters, and healthcare professionals.
Deliverable online, on-site, or at our training facility.
Medical and healthcare staff can receive customized healthcare workplace de-escalation training. This specialized training helps de-escalate patients who may be suffering from mental illnesses like dementia.